Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A thread for LPOV about voter ID

I'm reposting a reply the extremist folks over on the Watauga Conservative knowing they delete my responses to their misinformation.
This is in response to Voter ID Laws Republican State Legislatures across the United States are passing or trying to pass to strip voting rights from 2-3% of American citizens because they are poor or very elderly.
Problems with voter ID are something like 10 cases in 10 years total for the entire United States electorate.
"Analysis of the resulting comprehensive News21 election fraud database turned up 10 cases of voter impersonation. With 146 million registered voters in the United States during that time, those 10 cases represent one out of about every 15 million prospective voters."
http://www.minnpost.com/politics-policy/2012/08/cases-voter-id-election-fraud-found-virtually-non-existent

New Guy

The motive to risk voter fraud for one vote is?

The reason for voter repression of tens of thousands of votes is?

This is a clear case of Republicans trying to deprive American citizens of their voting rights! Shame on you and your corrupt political hacks.
This will backfire on the Republican Party! Voter turn out will be huge from those decent Americans who have been pissed off by small minded Republicans like you and Blogger.

3 comments:

  1. I personally I am not against ID but I want it to be free and very simple to get right there at the polls. I think it will help with illegal aliens voting. If it is as simple as proof of residence like a bill mailed to you, a drivers license, a social security card, or anything simple like that then I don not seeing it being discriminatory.

    It needs to be a simple verification that the poor and elderly could pass. At some point almost everyone over 18 has to show some sort of id or get mail in their name sent to them. That's my two cents on the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opoib

    Thanks for posting this.

    The fact is this is just not a problem and is just an excuse to purge voters likely to against Republicans.
    I will say your solution while unnecessary would not result in voter repression unless it created lines so long it reduced voter turn out.
    I believe I'm correct voters are ask to verify their address which someone pretending to be them would not likely know.
    The other issue is why risk jail for one vote? The real problem we have in America is getting people to go to the trouble to stand in line to vote with little or no personal gain other than a belief in Demoracy.
    This is a clear case of Republicans trying to deprive American citizens of their voting rights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello There. I found your blog using msn.
    This is an extremely well written article. I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return.

    Stop by my web page :: diets that work for women

    ReplyDelete